About Your Rights
Waterfox is free and open source software, based on the Mozilla platform which has been built by a community of thousands from all over the world. There are a few things you should know:
- Waterfox is made available to you under the terms of the Mozilla Public License. This means you may use, copy and distribute Waterfox to others. You are also welcome to modify the source code of Waterfox as you want to meet your needs. The Mozilla Public License also gives you the right to distribute your modified versions.
- You are not granted any trademark rights or licenses to the trademarks of Waterfox or any party, including without limitation the Waterfox name or logo.
- Some Waterfox features make use of web-based information services, however, we cannot guarantee they are 100% accurate or error-free. More details, including information on how to disable the features that use these services, can be found in the service terms (below).
Waterfox Web-Based Information Services
Waterfox uses web-based information services ("Services") to provide some of the features provided for your use with this binary version of Waterfox under the terms described below.
- Waterfox and its contributors, licensors and partners work to provide the most accurate and up-to-date Services. However, we cannot guarantee that this information is comprehensive and error-free. For example, the Safe Browsing Service may not identify some risky sites and may identify some safe sites in error and the Location Aware Service all locations returned by our service providers are estimates only and neither we nor our service providers guarantee the accuracy of the locations provided.
- Waterfox may discontinue or change the Services at its discretion.
- You are welcome to use these Services with the accompanying version of Waterfox, and Waterfox grants you its rights to do so. Waterfox and its licensors reserve all other rights in the Services. These terms are not intended to limit any rights granted under open source licenses applicable to Waterfox and to corresponding source code versions of Waterfox.
- The Services are provided "as-is." Waterfox, its contributors, licensors, and distributors, disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties that the Services are merchantable and fit for your particular purposes. You bear the entire risk as to selecting the Services for your purposes and as to the quality and performance of the Services. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, so this disclaimer may not apply to you.
- Waterfox may update these terms as necessary from time to time. These terms may not be modified or canceled without Waterfox's written agreement.
If you do not want to use one or more of the Services or the terms above are unacceptable, you may disable the feature or Service(s). Instructions on how to disable a particular feature or Service may be found below. Other features and Services can be disabled in the application preferences.
SafeBrowsing: Disabling the Safe Browsing feature is not recommended as it may result in you going to unsafe sites. If you wish to disable the feature completely, follow these steps:
- Open Waterfox Preferences
- Select the Security panel
- Uncheck the option to "Block dangerous and deceptive content"
- Safe Browsing is now disabled
Location Aware Browsing: is always opt-in. No location information is ever sent without your permission. If you wish to disable the feature completely, follow these steps:
- In the URL bar, type about:config
- Type geo.enabled
- Double click on the geo.enabled preference
- Location-Aware Browsing is now disabled